BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thinking positive really doesn't work

So I cam across an article that says if you have low self esteem, thinking positive actually makes you feel worse. I came across this when I was searching for articles that talked about how studying more can make you do worse on a test (in my Psych class, this often happens because our retarded teacher revolves his test around stuff we didn't learn or that he barely touched on).

I honestly can't say I am surprised about the positive thing. Just like when I found the article about facebook preventing college students from doing as good as they could.

You see, I have low self esteem. I am told that thinking positive works. I have tried many times, and its caused me to feel even more hopeless.

There are statistics that say thinking positive helps, but that is really directed at those who have a good self-esteem.

The reason it does not work so well on people like me is that we don't believe it, cause we have no reason to believe it.

Saying "I love myself" when the reality is that you don't doesn't make you feel better.

Thinking positive only helps once you fix the esteem problem.

Telling yourself over and over won't make you believe it. Sometimes we all need that gratification that someone else believes it. There is a reason people have low self esteem. Just being positive won't undo years of negativity.

0 comments: