BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

Men blaming women...

So I read an article about rape...and it was disturbing and disgusting in the comment section (as usual).

I was even more angrier than usual because there was a rape on the south campus on my school recently and an attempted rape in a bathroom in a building I was actually in a week earlier, in the very bathroom that girl was attacked in.

We even recently had a hall meeting with the police, who pretty much had nothing...

So it was weird reading this article where all the girls were saying their police were of no help.

I was expecting in the comment section to see sympathy...I just couldn't calculate in my mind how anyone who is considered sane could somehow wrap it around their head and make it somehow the woman's fault....

But in a disturbing way...they managed to.

I never realized how sexist many men must still be. But essentially many think rape is when a girl gets drunk, or is wearing something revealing therefore she must somehow be asking for it.

Many girls had to chime in and set these sick pigs straight, that its not the girl's fault.

One girl put it in such a good and clear way, "why is it when it comes to solutions it always falls on the girl to change any bit of her lifestyle instead of trying to find ways to stop men from menacing and preying on women?"

Another girl told a disgusting pig, "when a women is drunk, no you shouldn't touch her, if she is unconcsious she can't say no, so you shouldn't touch her, if she says no, no means no. men shouldn't be looking for a no, they should be looking for the girl to actually say yes."

Why do we always blame the victim in American society?

Some people will say "I will never wish upon you what you refuse to understand is so evil"...but quite frankly I am a vengeful person, if you are going to say someone deserves to be raped, then you better fucking hope you are a loved one never ever has to be put through that.

It just angers me how sick some people are. I hate it how the victim is always being blamed. No one is asking to be raped...why not for the first time in American history, we actually hold men accountable for their actions?

0 comments: