BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Art



I am not a painter, I have only a small amount of talent with drawing, and that is what I used for drawing clothing from when I used to want to be a fashion designer.

I love art, I love photography, poetry, and so much more. Art isn't just drawing or painting, its creativity.

I love landscapes, so my favorite painter for me is Claude Monet, my favorite era is Impressionism.

When you ask someone their favorite painter, most will say Vincent Van Gogh, who painted during the Post-Impressionist era. Most say the like him, only due to his wide acclaim.

He was the first real painter I learned about in elementary school, but as good as his paintings were, they didn't evoke thought in me the way Monet's paintings do. In fact, I have the movie Titanic to thank for that. They briefly mention Monet a few times throughout the movie. I knew I loved landscape photography, and had never thought about landscape paintings, I loved what I saw when I looked online. I love making stories or poems to pictures or paintings. But I also like true stories too. Art is great, and doesn't get half the respect it deserves. People care too much about sports, not enough about music, and the arts (acting, painting, writing etc). They matter too.

0 comments: