BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh, We have it soooo good.

Often I hear people, American people, talk about the fact that we as Americans have it so good, in fact too good. Even our poorest are in better condition than the poor of the 3rd world.

One person on my Facebook went as far as to say we have all these automatic things and we are so lazy.

But it made me realize something.

Its so easy when you have it all to say we have it so easy, but I bet you none are willing to give it up. In fact, interestingly enough, no one has ever truly taken the initiative to help those countries out.

Sure you can donate a dollar, or donate food to other countries, but its only a temporary solution to an on going problem. A problem that is the result of a corrupt gov't and rich class.

My question is, why do we guilt ourselves and others when ultimately we do nothing to fix it?

I have personally always felt that America needed to take care of its own problems before trying to help others. I mean, how can you possibly help others when you still need to help yourself? Its like how people go out of their way adopting non-Americans when there are thousands upon thousands of American children in dire need of a home.

0 comments: