BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Should women be allowed to play in the NFL or MLB?

During WWII, while many male baseball players were off fighting war, women stood up to play baseball to replace the off season of baseball during the war. Just like they did in the factory. This was depicted in one of my 2 fave baseball movies, A League of Their Own (the other fave being The Sandlot).

The woman's baseball team folded in the 1950s, there was just no call for it.

A few in the past have asked if women should be allowed to play major league baseball or national football.

You look at the NBA, they already have a women's national basketball association.

Back in my high school, girls had a volleyball, tennis, soccer, softball, basketball, and swimming team (there may be more that I am forgetting).

If you look in the sports arena, its almost quite the same. But none of those women's teams are all that known or popular.

Sports is still a male dominated sport. In high school, there was only 1 or 2 girls on the wrestling team.

I don't believe women should be fighting combat or should be drafted to fight a man's war, and I also feel women should not be allowed to play in the NFL or MLB.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having female versions of these sports, but I personally feel its stupid to have women, an entirely different gender play on a male sports team.

Its like a lawsuit just waiting to happen. They play rough, and the truth is most girls are just not that rough or manly to handle it.

Not to mention it ruins the tradition of those sports.

Some things are for women, and some things are for males. Until men can become pregnant and produce a child from their own bodies, I do not believe in trying to make everything male-female. Should women be able to make their own version of what men have for themselves? Yes, but should it be required that both must share the same? No. Some things just aren't supposed to be for both genders, otherwise God would have made it possible for both genders to have periods and babies.

I am not a staunch traditionalist, but I am not a feminist either. My mind may change now and then, I am not one who likes to be told what to do or how to think. I also do not like agreeing with people I normally disagree with and will often disagree on that reason alone.

But honestly people seriously need to stop treating both genders as if they are the same on some things, especially physical things.

0 comments: