BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

So true...

I am a sucker for quotes because they are so inspirational. I came across this quote by Halle Berry:

"After having many talks with my mother about the issue, she reinforced what she had always taught me. She said that even though you are half black and half white, you will be discriminated against in this country as a black person. People will not know when they see you that you have a white mother unless you wear a sign on your forehead. And, even if they did, so many people believe that if you have an ounce of black blood in you then you are black. So, therefore, I decided to let folks categorize me however they needed to."


I felt this was so true. It really puts reality in perspective and what our society is when it comes to biracials. Its why I care not just about biracial issues but also black issues, because the two are so very interconnected. There are many biracials that fail to see that.

0 comments: