BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is this a wrong reason to like MLK Jr. Day?

So apparently at my university, you get a month off (so much better than the one week my high school gave you). What makes it exactly a month is the fact that winter break runs right into MLK Jr. Day, which provides us with one more day of break.

I am one of those people that doesn't celebrate the meaning of a holiday. I just like the perks of not having to go to class. Is that really a bad thing?

I mean you look at Christmas, and many other holidays, if they haven't doused it in the perks of no work or school, then they have doused it in consumerism. I mean lets face it most holidays are just for pure marketing.

Not a single holiday celebrated in this country has roots to its actual meaning anymore. Its nothing more than an excuse to pig out or to buy stuff at a cheaper than usual price.

So is it really all that wrong to enjoy a holiday for the sheer fact that you get to rest?

0 comments: