BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

HawthoRNe

HawthoRNe is a doctor drama, or shall I say nurse drama. The show's main lead is Jada Pinkett Smith, who plays the head nurse.

She has a biracial daughter, but her husband had passed away a few years earlier. It is obvious that she and the head doctor Tom (a white guy played by the very hot Michael Vartan) have feelings for each other...hopefully the second season will play on that.

The show got very negative reviews when it premiered back in the summer. I couldn't believe why, it was good.

I am almost a sucker for doctor shows. I much prefer those to crime dramas. I was a fanatic for ER back in the 90s, even though i was in elementary school. I had a major crush on Noah Wyle and to this day whenever I catch an old episode of ER, I still can't help but drool over his character, John Carter.

I like HawthoRNe because for the first time they actually show a hospital from the point of view of the nurses. Strong Medicine which is another great show, was the first to take the point of view of female doctors.

ER is great too, its totally an ensemble with females and males, but mostly male leads.

Another doctor show that I enjoy alot is House, well the earlier seasons at least. I do not watch any of these shows religiously as well, I hate having to wait an hour to know the final verdict of something. Its the same with crime shows, I want to fastforward to the last 5-10 mins just to know who did it.

The only crime show I actually will withstand these days is Cold Case. I used to love Law and Order: SVU, but that show started to get too complex.

I hate soap operas, and I really hate shows where you feel like if you miss just one episode you are gonna be lost forever....

Maybe that is one of the reasons I began to outgrow ER around 2001, 2002...that and the fact that they killed off Dr. Green and then Dr. Benton left, and by then it was like Carter was the only character from the good years left, and not even his hottness could keep me entertained anymore (I should not that around this time I was getting very interested in Third Watch, mostly because of the hot fire fighter Jimmy Doherty and the good looking police officer Tyrone Davis). As a side note I am looking up all these names at Wikipedia, cause there is no way after like 8ish years or so I am gonna remember these names on my own...except for Dr. Carter lol.

But anyways, I am soooo off topic here...HawthoRNe is currently finished with its first season so its likely not to be shown on TNT again til 2010, unless they do some kind of Christmas or end of the special where they reair past stuff, like other channels at least used to do.

But if you ever get a chance to see it, watch it. It may not be the most stellar, its mostly about Christina Hawthorne (the main character) in the same sense that House is well...about Dr. House. Its not ensemble like ER or Strong Medicine.

And just a side note, I despise...no I loathely despise Grey's Anatomy.

0 comments: