BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

oooooh philosophical moment!!

I am a philosophical type of person.

As I was doing a post on my Me vs. the World blog, I came up with something that I just had to put as a facebook status.

"the present always sucks until it becomes the past".

I was thinking of how much I miss 90s Nick...the Golden Era.

I started thinking about my own life. How I feel being a child was soooo much better than now. But then I remembered I had a tough time as a kid too.

It is then I realized, and almost everyone is like this. We all see the present as sucking, but when it starts to become the past, we start to see it for its good.

Its like appreciating someone. You cannot fully appreciate someone until they are gone, because as long as they are alive they can disappoint you are even get you hurt. But usually once they are gone they can no longer do you harm or damage (sometimes not the case though).

With the present, it can always bring us unhappiness because its still ongoing, but when 10 years fly by we look at it differently because we are in a new present and the old present is now the past, and can usually not do too much harm anymore, so we start to look at the good side of it, something that isn't so easy to do with the present.

You look at old hollywood, we cherish it, we cherish movies that when it was present it was not successful, but decades later we don't see it the same way.

Its easy to forget the bad parts of the past, when the past is well...the past, and you can't change it.

But it really is true. The present sucks until it becomes the past.

0 comments: