BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

American Idol.

I despise the show greatly, I truly truly do. Ironically there are only 2 singers on that that show I will even listen to, one is Kelly Clarkson and the other is a recent discovery for me, Jordin Sparks.

My sister and I live in different states, American Idol comes on where I live before my sister's...so she had me watch the finale where Jordin Sparks won cause she wanted to know who won, she was rooting on Jordin.

Even though I have found to like a few songs of both Kelly and Jordin, I should note that I only liked their music long after they won American Idol. I didn't like Kelly Clarkson until the song, Breakaway came out. And I liked that and found that song through the movie The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement.

So far I only like one song by Jordin Sparks, her new song S.O.S. I only found out that I liked that song literally 2 days ago. So she marks the second Idol singer I like.

I still despise the show though....

I decided to look up Jordin Sparks and found that me and her are kind of similar. She is only a few months younger than me, I was born in July 1989 she was born in Dec 89.

We both agree on waiting til marriage only difference is she has a purity ring and I don't...I don't wear one cause for starters I am not big on wearing jewelry and second even if I could afford one, I wouldn't know the size or where to go to get one or any of that stuff.

Also what I like is that she is biracial. I don't know if there have been any other biracial singers, usually they seem to do acting rather than singing.

American Idol seems to have some diversity in its ranks in both race and in music genre....they are probably forced to do that...I dunno, I know there have been rumors of corruption in the show, wouldn't be surprised cause thats the industry for you...

But is it wrong to hate the show but like 2 of the singers that have sprang from the show?? I mean I originally disliked even Kelly and Jordin along with all others. It took a few years to work on me....

I was also looking up other winners and the runner ups from other seasons, and I must say Justin Guarini and Kris Allen are hot.

post note- make it 5 songs now, i found 4 more songs along with the song I like by Jordin that I like.

also note: I finally discovered a Leona Lewis song that I actually liked....

1 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

Kris Allen is talented in the way he interpets music and of course he is a fellow Arkansan, which makes me totally proud!