BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

My two favorite Former First Ladies

A post from someone else's blog has reminded me of one of my favorite First Ladies. I feel compelled to mention my two fave first ladies, for different reasons but nonetheless, my faves.

1. Eleanor Roosevelt









What makes her one of my 2 faves? She was an advocate for not only women's rights, but even civil rights. Some say Hillary Clinton was the force behind Bill, but I'd like to think that Eleanor was also a force behind her husband Franklin. I would find it hard to believe if Eleanor Roosevelt isn't in anyone's top 5 favorite First Ladies.

2. Jacqueline Kennedy









What makes me love Jackie Kennedy is not just the fact that I liked JFK, but her beautiful fashion tastes. I am all for the 50s and 60s dress style. I wish I could have been a part of the days of wearing skirts and dresses and no pants (unless around the house) era.

Some people were probably expecting me to have Michelle Obama as 1 of my 2. But truth be told, I honestly just don't care about her all that much. I really don't like her fashion tastes, and I don't see what the hype is all about. I feel like many people are saying she is beautiful and has great fashion taste merely because she is the first black first lady. There are far more prettier black woman than she, is she better looking than Condi Rice? Yes, but even Omarosa (the Apprentice, by the way i am not a fan, never was never will be, i found out about her through The Sureal Life) looks better than Michelle. Personally other than Eleanor and Jackie, I really don't care much about any of the other First Ladies, not even Hillary Clinton.

0 comments: