BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hair

Its obvious my hair can do wonders, when in the hands of people who actually know how to work black hair.

I don't know how my hair would be labeled, a black women, once told me I had "good hair" when I was 14...I didn't understand what she meant, I always felt my hair was bad because it wasn't like a white person's hair, and people (black and white) always made fun of my hair. She had told me my hair was "good" because it was thick. She then had to explain to me that what makes having a thick amount of hair is that you can do much more with it. I remembered a white girl once saying that she wished her hair was as thick as mine as she said she had "flat hair".

I still don't get any of the concepts of "good hair" as there are so many hundreds of definitions of it.

But anyways, one of the troubling things growing up with a white mom, is that you are often deprived of the knowledge of how to do your hair. Some moms will take the initiative to learn it. While others like my mom, just have you adapt to the ponytail and let it be enough.

The ponytail, a style I still wear, is bland, but quick enough to get you on the go in no time.

I am trying various products for my hair to see what it takes to make it work. I know my hair can be beautiful, its a problem of not knowing how to take advantage of that. I have never really invested in hair products other than shampoo and conditioner.

I can ask thousands of biracials and even blacks what they use and how they do their hair. But just being told the products doesn't do much. Not to mention I have no clue what kind of hair I have. I feel like the texture of my hair has changed almost as much as the color. My hair is darker than what it used to be. It used to be all out dark brown, now its deep dark brown and black. There are parts, usually the hidden parts that still have a faint shade of regular dark brown in it.

When I step out of the shower my hair looks curly and wavy. But when it dries it puffs...and thats what I want to fix. I want to know how to to make the puffing stop. I want to know how to define my curls.

The problem with black hair is that its expensive and time consuming. I don't want to buy products that are like 50 dollars. I am a low maintenance type of girl. I don't even wear make up!

I have heard of mixed chicks hair products but I could not afford that kind of price tag for the size bottles you get.

I am still trying to figure out what exactly a deep conditioner is supposed to do.

0 comments: