BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Agnostic-Theist

I just recently discovered 2 terms: Agnostic-atheist and Agnostic-theist.

I didn't know those terms existed.

I always felt that agnostic didn't fully describe me...but an agnostic-theist does.

I do believe that there are just some things unexplainable. I do and don't believe in God. I definitely lean towards theism wayyyyy more than I do atheism.

I guess you can say I just simply question. There are moments when I do believe, and then moments that I don't want to believe.

I still don't understand how the Bible can advocate horrible acts like slavery and the mistreatment of women. Its something I will never understand. No one has yet to really explain it in a reasonable way. Some justify it by saying that slavery back then was mostly indentured servitude...but I am not buying that at all.

2 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

tell where does the Bible advocate mistreatment of women? Read John chapter 4 about Jesus speaking with the Samaritan woman and also read Ephesians 5:22. It tells how husbands are supposed to treat their wives. husbands are to love their wives like Christ love the church. Christ died for us. Contemplate for a moment of what this means............ It is beautiful the way the Lord wants us to be treated..... to be loved that much! :)

myperspective08 said...

all over the bible its always making it sound like only the woman cheats in the relationship, and the value on her life not seeming like much...it just seems like the worst kind of treatment of women throughout all of history...