BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A loss of individuality

When I heard about the Fort Hood incident, one of the first things that came into my mind was how I felt bad for the muslims because the "patriotic" white american was now on the loose about to crucify all people of that religion, in the same sense they do to muslims on a plane for looking "like a terrorist"....

When you are a person of color, especially a black person, you suffer from a loss of a black person.

What I mean is the good of 10 black people can come undone by the actions of just one black person. If you group all whites together, when you say stuff like "whites are racist" you will get a backlash from whites for daring to say they are the same. But no white flinches or has no problem saying all blacks steal, all blacks are violent, etc.

Otherwise blacks would not be harassed for shopping while black or for driving while black, or for being black and at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Its nervewracking that whites can get upset that they are not seen as individuals while maintaining holding other blacks accountable for what other blacks do.

How am I responsible for what some black person I do not know, does? How does that relate to me.

The majority race believes they can do whatever they want because they have power, and that they are undeserving of getting that same treatment.

I always assume when I see a white person, that they hold racist views...its almost always a given.

I refuse to see someone as an individual as long as I am not seen as one. White people are not deserving of that honor of individuality just because they are the majority race. They have to work for that honor more than anyone else should ever have to.

0 comments: