BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Miss USA 2009 controversy

Even though this incident happened months ago, I don't think I had a blog with blogger at that time.

Well anyways, I had stumbled upon something about Carrie Prejean. And that led me to the controversy in which she said she was against same sex marriage.

Looking more into this apparently all the finalists were asked political questions. I don't know my views on same sex marriage...there are times when I feel that its wrong to deny someone the right to marry simply because you don't agree with it. I mean, all they are asking is a marriage certificate and to be able to get the full benefits if one were to die...I mean, its not changing anything at all. But sometimes I am against it, usually when gay people start bashing blacks because of Prop 8, it makes me want to walk away from the cause...I mean why care for someone else's cause when they rag on you for something you didn't even do?

I don't think I would ever outwardly show support for gay rights...I dunno, cause I dunno how I truly feel about it.

But when I read about the Carrie Prejean incident, the first thing I was thinking was not so much what she said, but the fact that why would someone ask that question?

We all know that Perez Hilton is gay...and one of those types like Ann Coulter that like to try to stir the pot anyway they can...

But personally I don't understand why any political question would be asked. Not just that question on same sex but the other apparent political questions asked. It just seems so out of place for a Miss USA pageant.

The one thing that irked me about Prejean's answer was that she said "no offense to anybody out there". When you know what you are stating is going to be offensive but you are going to say it anyways, don't say "no offense" because people will take offense...own up to it, and stand your ground, don't try to make an appeal while trying not to appeal at the same time.

But in the end, I just don't think political questions of any sort have any place in a pageant. These pageants are supposed to be about beauty not political or religious beliefs.

1 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

Well yeah that makes sense.She shouldn't have said no offense...... should have just stated what she believed. It is dumb to be asking the contestants their political beliefs, unless you're going to let them state their political stand without giving them a hard time for it. that's not fair. If I were judging I wouldn't know what everyone's morals or beliefs were. You would have to know that you're not going to agree with every contestants values.