BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Romantic movies

I am a sucker for romantic movies. Especially romantic comedies, as I am also a sucker for comedy (especially teen/college movies). But there are some, more dramatic movies that I am a sucker for.

They all take place in the past, which I feel heightens the movie because we have the tendency to view the past as more glamorous and soooo not, well...the 21st century.

These 3 movies are The Notebook, Titanic, and Tuck Everlasting. I especially love Titanic and Tuck Everlasting.

Sometimes the best and true romantic movies do not have such happy endings. In Titanic and Tuck Everlasting the endings were more somber and sad, in Titanic you had to cry. With The Notebook it was romantic but what made it so sad was how Allie was suffering from Alzheimer's and was forgetting who she was and all her memories.

Every movie has romance in it, but what sets romantic movies apart is the fact that the movie is only about romance.

I guess that makes me your typical chick flick girl, something I am not ashamed of. I am a girl. I am an indoorsy type. I am scared of absolutely everything. Why get upset when someone makes note of that? Its not a bad thing.

0 comments: