BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

REPRESENTATION

Okay this post is not so much about biracial, this has to do with Kanye West.

I did not, and do not plan to watch the VMAs. I do not like Kanye West, nor do I like Taylor Swift. I hate rap, and I hate country (even if she does a little bit of pop, I do not like her brand of country pop the way I like Leann Rimes').

I heard about the incident through Facebook...and amazingly it did not take long for white people to start blaming his race for how he acted. One of my Facebook friends mentioned how white people on a few posts were saying all sorts of things about the black race because of what Kanye did. He also mentioned how a few blacks would chime in saying that there was a difference between being black and being a "nigger" (think Chris Rock's sketch).

If its one thing that annoys me, its how because you are black, you are not seen as an individual in society. If 10 blacks do good, all it takes is 1 to unravel it. We are not given the same opportunity like whites are.

Do I really care about what Kanye did? No, i don't care. I don't care for the incident, for all we know it could have been staged.

It is irritating having to hear people constantly talk about it all fucking day long, repeating over and over the same opinion they stated a moment before. Some people getting Michael Jackson into the conversation. Its weird, Patrick Swayze just died, and people care more about what happened at the VMAs!!

But its not the incident that I am upset by...its the fact that the entire black race is being blamed for the actions of Kanye West. Race has nothing to do with this situation at all.

Sometimes I feel like I have to act a certain way, because I am "representing" my race. What I mean is, when you are of color, all it takes is doing one bad thing, and you will ruin their perception of people of your race forever...there is no such thing as individuality when you are black.

Kanye was a one man show. Apparently Beyonce turned on him later that show, yet that seems to ignored...

People wonder why I hate society, well, there is part of the reason right there.

0 comments: