BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

I think I finally in a sense came to terms with Disney.

I just "fanned" The Princess and the Frog on Facebook. I am anticipating Disney's very first black Princess...

I hope this movie is successful, its a Princess movie (she becomes a princess through marriage), its in 2D animation, and she is black!

Some say, why did they do her last? I say, who cares, as long as they have finally done it. Its been 10 years since Mulan (I never really liked Mulan).

I have always loved Disney movies...but was upset when I realized Walt was a racist...but I realized something as I was watching videos about The Princess and the Frog...I realized, my love for the movies are greater than the love of the person behind them. Why give up what I enjoy because of one horrible man? The same with Henry Ford, James Stewart, and etc?

I am trying to become a history teacher...so its my job to stay objective, and to look past the horrid racial beliefs some of these people had. I look at these people in a realistic way. They did some good, but they themselves were not good people.

But I think I finally came to terms with Disney...I really really really can't wait to see this movie.

I love Pixar movies, but I soooo miss 2D Princess movies....from what I hear Disney will be coming out with a CG animated princess movie next year...I do not like that at all. Princess movies need to stay in 2D, thats the tradition.

But I am looking forward to Toy Story 3, not sure what year its slated to come out (I think its either 2010 or 2011).

1 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

so that's why walmart is selling toy story toys. My son has a fairly large sized Woody now. That movie came out when i was like 14. i likse some Disney movies as well. I always loved Cinderealla. I identified with Jasmine, Mulan , and Pocohontas though because they were tan girls like me and all of them were neither black or white. And Mulan has the best soundtrack! I skated to it one year.