BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is it light vs dark, or is it more of a physical features problem?

I have done a couple of posts about "light skin vs dark skin"...often when you hear people talk of those who have it better in as a black person, you will hear people say the Halle Berry type...which is lighter skinned, and more anglo features. You almost never hear just "lighter skinned blacks have it better". Anglo..aka European features (small long nose, and thin small lips, and straight hair that is tame and manageable), is always paired with lighter skin.

So one can't help but ask...do the only people who actually have it easier are the ones that have European features? Is being light skinned merely just a bonus?

I am biracial (which makes me a light skinned black), and my features are definately a give away that I am black. My features kinda sit in the middle but I definitely took after my black side physically the most. About the only visible white feature on me is my freckles.

So maybe its not so much a "light vs dark" issue but more of a physical features issue. It seems that people are under the assumption that the lighter your skin is the more European all your features will be.

0 comments: