BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

My View on Christianity.

My response to Biracial Christian Girl, on the question of my views on Christianity.

Right now its hard to say. I have turned away from God on multiple occasions. I was one of those kids who brought toys to church...my mom slept in church. We only went cause my aunt forced us. Then she married and left to move in with her husband in Oregon, and my mom stopped forcing us to go to church. My sister got the most out of it when it came to church.

My family is conservative and Pentecostal. I do not like the conservative Pentecostal ideals. I am not fully liberal, i am a moderate to liberal on many things, it just depends on what I am feeling in the moment.

I get annoyed by atheists and Christians. The Christians that annoy me are usually the hypocritical ones who sit on their high horse, and go around acting like their way is the only way.

And atheists irk me because they are hypocritical too. They do the very things they claim they hate Christians doing, yet the only difference between the two actions are the messages and beliefs behind it.

I just recently purchased a Bible in NCV format. I do not like the KJV because I can't understand it. The Bible I bought is also in pink and is full of fun facts and other things, it is designed in a way that makes me want to read the Bible.

I do not believe in organized religion. Although sometimes I go to a small Bible study group, I prefer to find my relationship with God privately. I found going to church only made me get further away. I just feel right now, I got to find where I am at, and I feel it would be easier for me personally to do it on my own terms and alone, or with minimal people involved. Also, I do not like how each denomination says the other denomination is wrong, and I don't know where I would even belong, I know I am not Pentecostal. I would probably be non-denominational, if I were to label.

I also believe religion should be a personal thing and should not be forced on anyone especially not through gov't. My belief on that is because, one day Christianity may not always be the mainstream or majority religion, and I believe in the philosophy of the wheel is always turning. In otherwords, I do not like the idea of Christians exerting their power on other people with different faiths, because you never know when the wheel will turn against your favor and they decide to see an eye for an eye.

I do not label myself as neither agnostic or born again Christian....

-----side note-----
I also do not like how people use the Bible for arguments. The Bible is there as a guide for the individual. To use it to justify anything is wrong because, anyone can find a verse that supports their argument on anything...people used it to justify slavery, to keep interracial marriage illegal, and to use it to make it legal and etc.

I also don't think its wrong if someone isn't loud and proud about their beliefs or anything. How loud you say it means nothing in the end...my aunt is loud and proud but she is a 2 hour christian (meaning she is not very christianly, she can be very hateful). Just because you want the world to know what you believe, doesn't mean you have necessarily processed what it is you believe and why...so, there is nothing wrong if someone shies away from telling the world.

0 comments: