BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

When in love?

People have always cared more for the psyche of a biracial kid, when they are kids. When they are teens, society becomes less interested in us...the stuff they only care about is, still our psyche. How do we hold up?

You don't see many people curious about the kind of people biracials go for in relationships. There are some know it alls, who proclaim that biracial girls go for black guys. biracial guys go for white women.

But this in fact, is false.

Me, and many others have preferred white guys over black. In fact, I rarely like black guys, usually they are mulatto if I do like them.

The problem is that its very rare for a white guy to like a black girl, and even more rare, when she is lighter skinned and not dark skinned.

But it has always seemed like society doesn't care for how biracial moms raise their kids, and what kind of guys they go for.

I am not a parent but, I would be interested to know how they parent knowing their child is going to be more of one raise, whether it shows or not.

2 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

I always went mostly for white guys. It wasn't anything that I really gave much thought to, I just had more in common with them. My parents stayed married my whole life and they are still together now. I was raised to know I was mixed and appreciate both sides but i wasn't raised to be a black girl. Does that make sense? Racially I'm black and white but culturally I'm white. Most of the black guys that came up to me were really ghetto gangsta and the first thing out of their mouth was " Hey you mixed !" I just shyed away from it because that is not how I was raised. It just seemed like they wanted to date me because I was mixed. And they all acted like that in some weird way that they owned me. It was this attitude that automatically biracial girls belonged to black guys.

myperspective08 said...

Yeah, it makes sense : )

culturally I feel more like a white girl too.