BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Chameleon?

Someone once told me that I am a chameleon. They said it because I mentioned that I see myself as white, black, and biracial. I had mentioned that I did this because I like to use my race to my advantage. I feel that I should take up the opportunities that I have to help me out, since no else will.

That is when I started thinking about the chameleon analogy. There are two ways a mixed person can be a chameleon.

One can be like me, and simply change their race, be black one day, biracial the next.

OR

One can change their personality when they are around whites or around blacks....as one mixed put it, its a defense mechanism.

I do not change my personality when I am around different people. I am still my goofy, girly dorky quiet self. I am still that crazy girl that likes the stuff most my age don't like, and dislike the stuff most my age do like.

But I do become a chameleon in regards to the race I am...I change it to benefit me in a situation, and sometimes I change it just to anger some supremacist.

The only box I fit in, is my own box. I am an individual, whether you choose to see me that way or not!

0 comments: