BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Light Skinned "bitches"?

All the time, you hear dark skinned black women blast light skinned black women. Stating that light skinned black girls think they are all that.

The reality of this is that it seems like a preconceived notion. When you expect them to be stuck up, then everything they do, will come off as "bitchy" to you.

In high school, I didn't get along with black girls, not so much due to my skin tone, but because I had nothing in common with them. The girls in my school preferred gangsta stuff. I preferred dorky and girly stuff. I just did not fit their circle.

They bullied me and were rude....but most of the girls that gave me trouble were darker skinned. It seemed those who were lighter, were not as harsh towards me, some of them, actually wanted to figure out why I was the way I was.

Most of the light skinned black girls in my school, were like me, biracial. although there really were light skinned blacks, (I remember the first time I met one. A boy i liked in 6th grade, I thought he was mixed, wasn't sure, so I asked, he wasn't mixed).

But the situation wasn't much about light or dark, as many of the light skinned blacks were friends with the darker skinned blacks.

But what I am saying is, darker skinned black girls, immediately go into defense mode when they see light skinned girls. Because of this, they mistreat the light skinned or mixed girl, before they have a chance to get to know her. The light skinned girl either gets sad or mad by this...

Over time, the senseless bullying the light skin black girl receives makes her compensate in her mind that she is better.

All this time, dark skinned black girls accuse the light skinned black girls of being bitches and being stuck up, that the prophecy becomes reality and is fulfilled.

Sick of being treated like crap because she is lighter, she decides she is better, she justifies it by thinking, they must think I am better, they go out of their way to tell me this everyday. They seem so insecure about themselves.

She essentially becomes the very thing you were saying. The thing is, she wasn't before.

So who makes light skinned black girls snotty? It is darker skinned black girls.

Its ironic that darker skinned black girls expect light skinned black girls to join in on their battle...but they don't join in on light skinned battles. They are okay with light skinned girls being treated badly.

Sometimes, one can't help but ask...are the true stuck up bitches darker skinned blacks, not lighter skinned?

1 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

a lot of really good points there. I have been through a lot of this.