BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thats not good.

Someone said something I never thought about. The last thing almost any parent wants to hear is that their kid is gay. But somebody said that sometimes (at least with the majority of parents), the kid admitting he likes black girls (and/or biracial girls too) can almost be equated to a boy telling his parents gay.

Its weird right? considering at least with black women he can have kids, and can legally marry and will (or may) have less problems than that of a gay couple.

But shockingly enough, many families have yet to accept interracial relationships. No surprise since its only been 40 years since Loving vs. Virginia and one would have to be a fool to believe America has truly changed much in 40 years (America's problems run so deep and for so long, it would take 100s of years to undo 100s of years worth of damage).

But the question that one must ask is, what is considered worse to many parents: a white daughter admitting she likes black men, or a white son admitting he likes black women. I am going to take a guess and say its the latter. The former is becoming more acceptable, but at least where I live, its highly rare to see white men and black women, but its very common to see white women with biracial kids (believe me, its VERY common).

But its still sad, that a kid bringing home is black girlfriend, or admitting to his parents he likes a black girl, could be and is often still equated to a guy telling his parent's he is gay.

4 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

I have often wondered that myself. Why would someone compare dating another race to dating someone of the same sex? As a Christian I believe that being gay is a choice not supported by the Lord. There are many references to this in both the old and new testament. My beliefs are not based in any personal hatred ( God makes it very clear hate is wrong ) towards an individual for that decision, but a loving hope that they will meet the Lord and be set free from those choices. It bothers me that dating someone who is simply of another the skin tone that the Lord gave them, could be equated with someone involved in a homosexual relationship.

Biracial Christian Girl said...

I've got a question for you which I will be addressing later on my blog: do you think people are harder on women for dating outside their race than they are men? I've noticed that when a white man dates or marries outside of his race, the attitude is that it's not preferable but since he's a white man he can have who he wishes. No one in my husband's family seems to care at all that he is with me and I'm always treated very well, but when ever the subject of a white woman with a black man comes up it seems the tables turn. Like my husbands 19 year old cousin likes only black guys and every body's reaction is " oh hell no "

myperspective08 said...

I guess it depends...because its very rare to see white guys with black girls or biracial girls where I live, I do not know how it would be seen...but because this is a conservative area, I am pretty sure it would be looked down on badly.

My city a few months back had a controversy with a white woman and a black man kissing on a weekend newspaper magazine.

The thing is, its very common to see black guys all over white women here, well, actually to be more correct, its quite common to see white women with biracial children.

I think its natural for society to be harder on women, as white women are seen as Goddesses, and black men are seen as rapists and crooks but at the same time, black women who like white guys are seen as gold diggers, so its not an easy answer...its something I would have to think about for a while...I might do a blog post myself on it, if I already haven't.

Biracial Christian Girl said...

wow that is weird that they would put that in the newspaper and make a big deal over it! I live down south in central Arkansas and there's plenty of racism here of course in different ways, but never anything like that.