BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Likelier to be an Independent.

I just did a post that talked about how blacks are really Republicans but only vote Democrat because the Republicans are against them.

I was reading a comment section on an article that is called. "Its My Part, But I Don't Feel Part of It", one conservative black person said this


"As a conservative African American myself, I also found that my beliefs and values were too different to remain in the Democratic party. But the racial policies of the Republican party would not allow me to join it. I'm now a registered Independent."
And then I thought about myself. I voted an Independent party during the election, because I was too torn between McCain and Obama, and felt neither really were a good choice. I disliked McCain because of Palin, as I am a Moderate, and McCain is more of a moderate, and Palin exhibited the behavior of a typical racist, airheaded Republican, she was an example of everything that is currently wrong with the Republican party. And well with Obama, there were things I did not agree with.

I asked myself, has there ever been a Republican that I would have been willing to vote for myself, AFTER Franklin Roosevelt (yes he was a Democrat, but he was the first prez where blacks started voting more because Hoover had let them down)? and I realized, that I might have possibly would have been willing myself to vote for Eisenhower.

My views definitely fall in the line of "moderate to liberal", based on my mood I can be liberal on some social issues, or be moderate.

Here are some of my beliefs:

*Abortion: I believe its okay to abort for rape, incest, and medical reasons. But if you consensually do it, then you need to own up to it.

*Healthcare: I believe in universal healthcare (but I also believe there should be choices, between gov't care or private care).

*Gay rights: I am not sure, sometimes I support them and sometimes I just don't care. I have no problem with gay people being married and having equal rights in a marriage (although they probably shouldn't marry by the Bible).

*Death penalty: I used to strongly support it, but now I am not so sure...

*Immigration: Probably the most conservative part about me, I believe English should be the language of America, and immigrants should take the initiative to learn it. I believe we should stregthen our borders and fix the illegal immigration problem

*Sex: I am against premarital sex, but because our society is sooo moraless, one might as well teach moraless teens to at least protect themselves, since they will obviously do it whether they know about it or not. Abstinence should still be taught, but alongside teaching about sex and protection. The only way to reverse the effect a moraless society is having on teens, is to go back to the 1950s and make it a shame to have sex and be pregnant, send them away etc.

*I believe we need to fix the problems in each racial community.

*We need to stop being such a uber sensitive society, where people cry wolf every time they get overly offended over something stupid and trivial.

*Women, I am not a feminist or a tradionalist, I think its okay for women to work, but she must also tend to her home duties...she should be a mom and wife first. The reason people are bigger and more tech dependent is due to lack of parenting. Also I do not believe women should be in combat roles in war, and if a draft should ever return she should not be drafted at all.

*Prayer in school: the Constitution says separation of church and state, so public schools do not need to sponser religion, but if one chooses on their own time, with their own funds to do something relgious thats their choice. But private schools can inforce their own relgion since they do not use gov't funds...so if you want prayer in school, send them there.

*Education: We need to go back to the strict days of teaching, and even bring back paddling students if need be. Or maybe punish repeat offenders with labor rather than detention. The PC way is not working right now.

there are black people who are more conservative than I am as you can tell, but this relates to both my posts about how Republicans are against blacks, and how what is wrong with politics these days. Because what is wrong is that blacks vote Democrat, yet they don't seem to care for black interests, and people think they must vote D or R...

Even though I mentioned my a few of my political beliefs, I will not debate it...but I am open to one describing their beliefs the same way I did. If you do so, try to go in the same order as I did. I do not need to or want to know all of your beliefs, just mention the topics I mentioned. I will not debate my beliefs, and I DO NOT want you to debate yours.

1 comments:

Biracial Christian Girl said...

you hit on a topic I think about every so often.
It's the whole separation of church in state issue. I feel like today, the government uses it as a way to control people's religious beliefs, instead of giving people the freedom to belief what they want. There are lots of stories of kids getting kicked out of school for praying or a teacher praying ect. The whole point of separation of church and state was so the government could not impose on people's beliefs. now it seems like it is being used for evil. when the pilgrims came over here in the 1600s they left so they would not be forced to go to a government controlled church.
what do you think?