BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is racial attractions genetic or environmental?

Both my sister and I are mulatto. Both of us prefer white guys. My sis also likes hispanics, and I also like Asians. Both of us are least attracted to black guys. I have had some major crushes on guys who were mulatto. My sister has also had a couple of crushes on mulatto guys.

Sometimes I wonder about interracial dating. In my city it is quite rare to see white guys go for a girl who has any visible "blackness" (features) in her.

I had mentioned in the previous post about gays and the how guys saying they like black girls is practically the same thing...what if a guy liking a black girl, is genetic just like with gays?

But it is a complex thing to figure out. My mom had an attraction to white and black men. She was the only one in the family to have that attraction. She grew up in a very small town that was racist and segregated. There were blacks there, and she did know a few. But she was the only one of her siblings to ever have any kind of attraction to a black man. My cousin, has an attraction to black men, and just like my mom, is the only one in the family with said attraction. She also grew up in an environment with a low black population.

Both my mom and cousin represent the possibility that one's racial attraction could be attributed to genetics rather than environment, since their environment wasn't a surrounding full of black people.

But then, me and my sister can possibly prove the contrary. Both my sister and I were raised in the white world, surrounded by white. We were exposed to white guys. We had very little black influence growing up. Our liking white guys could come from the fact that we were raised in the white world. Yet that does not explain how my sis also has an attraction to hispanics, and I have an attraction to Asians and Mulatto guys.

Some easily pass of this whole thing as just an attraction thing, but come on! There is more to it than that. There has to be a driving force behind what one finds attractive. There has to be an explanation...a genetic one or environmental one, that explains why we like what we like.

0 comments: