BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Do I still care about my biracial identity??

At this point...I truly don't.

Yes I am biracial. And I will correct someone when need be...but, I just don't care as much.

I noticed I turned this blog more into my advocacy for blacks and less about being biracial.

I guess its because on one level there just isn't much to put about being biracial and truth be told....it really isn't a big deal.

I realized its not my identity. Its part of who I am but its just not something that makes me different.

In the end, to society I will be black. So why bother parading around some stupid identity that honestly means nothing to anyone....not even to the person vocalizing it?

There is no united front about the issue and I certainly don't care about it. I can tell a person I only half black but at the end of the day I am 100% black to them and every stereotype they have for a black person is labelled on me.

So yeah, forget biracial identity. I don't care anymore.

0 comments: